Private Hire Terms and Conditions
PRIVATE HIRE TERMS & CONDITIONS
IT IS THE HIRERS RESPONSIBILLITY TO READ THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS AND TO ENSURE THAT ALL ACCOMPAYING PASSENGERS ARE FULLY AWARE, UNDERSTAND THEIR IMPLICATIONS & COMPLY WITH THEM FULLY.
You must send a signed Booking Contract back or the Hire Contract could be cancelled.
On booking the hire of a vehicle, a minimum deposit of £125.00 will be payable all card payments will incur an additional 2.5 % charge which will be added to your total amount. The balance will be payable no later than 2 weeks prior the date of the hire date. The deposit is non returnable and will be forfeited in the event of cancellation by the hirer. If the hirer cancels or postpones the agreed hire date within 14 working days of the aforesaid hire date, (except for Weddings which are to be paid in full 28 days before the event) the entire agreed hire sum will be payable. Any cancellation must be made in writing by registered post. We will not accept telephone calls for cancellation. All deposits paid include a £100.00 administration fee. This fee is automatically deducted from any deposit paid and is non returnable.
2. Bookings made within 2 weeks of the date of the hire require full payment at the time of booking; unless otherwise agreed by 1st 4 Limos Ltd. All outstanding accounts MUST BE SETTLED BEFORE transport begins. WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT CASH ON THE DAY OF HIRE; WE WILL NOT ACCEPT PAYMENT BY CHEQUE OR CARD ON THE DAY OF HIRE.
3. 1st4Limos Ltd gives any advice on journey time in good faith but does not guarantee the completion of any journey in any specific time and will not be liable or held responsible or pay any compensation for any delay or inconvenience howsoever caused. We will not be held responsible for any admission charges, late arrival fees or cancellation fees caused by lateness. Please see article 15 of these Terms & Conditions concerning a mechanical failure. Please remember that a guest list is provided on behalf of the venue you have chosen to go to, it is not provided by 1st4Limos Ltd. We have no control over the door policy of any of the venues we work with, only they will decide if they will provide you with entrance to their venue. Any guest list supplied entitles you to entry and queue hop, but does not guarantee entry. It is your responsibility to understand and adhere to the door policy of the venue you have chosen. 1st4Limos will not be held responsible if you or any member of your party is refused entrance to the venue. A guest list is not part of our contract with you.
4. Any hire that exceeds the stated time (due to the hirer or guests being late) will be charged at the appropriate hourly rate. You must seek permission from head office to change any part of the hire arrangements. We will collect/return you at the Confirmed Booking times you have agreed to, any changes are at our discretion.
5. 1st 4 Limos will honour ONLY the Booking requirements as specified in the Booking Contract. The collection times you have given must be adhered to. Any alterations to this Contract must be confirmed and agreed by head office only and before your journey commences. This may lead to further charges to the original hire agreed contract. These charges must be paid before the journey commences. This includes any unsolicited stoppages, due to photography or any such unplanned hold ups or lateness by the client and their guests.
6. The hirer is liable for any damage or breakages incurred inside or outside the vehicle, which is deliberately caused by the hirer or passengers. This includes any passenger being unwell. This includes ANY such repairs or ANY items that needs to be replaced. The hirer will be liable for all 1st 4Limos Ltd losses and charges incurred thereafter if the then such Limousine is unable to be used, until the said repairs are completed. A full detoxification valet for a limousine is £375.plus VAT. Any other serious damage to the vehicle will incur an immediate charge of £500.00 plus VAT until the repairs have been completed. The excess cost will then be payable, or any money back will be returned. In all cases the hirer will have to pay this amount immediately, and the full amount will be taken from your credit/debit card. Any accidents (whether personal injury or company property) incurred inside the vehicle must be reported to the chauffeur immediately and logged into the on board accident book.
7. 1st 4Limos Ltd accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to any property or luggage carried in the vehicle. You are asked to keep your belongings with you. Anything left within the vehicle must be collected within two weeks. 1st 4 Limos will not pay for transport or postage costs of sending any item back to its original owner. We will not be responsible for the safe keeping of any lost property. It is the hirer’s responsibility to check the vehicle at the end of the hire and not the Chauffeurs job to check the vehicle for any left property.
8. Alcohol brought on board a stretch limousine is limited. 1st 4 Limos will not supply any alcohol, any alcohol being carried in a Stretch limousine is the sole responsibility, ownership of the hirer. Surplus alcohol brought by the hirer or guests will not be carried by the limousine.
9. The vehicle will only carry the amount of passengers originally booked for. In a stretch Limousine this is to a maximum of eight. We will not carry any passengers not allocated as a passenger in the original Booking Agreement. Please see article 5 above.
10. 1st 4 Limos are not responsible for any Parking charges, entrance fees, bridge tolls, Congestion Charging etc. These are not included in the price agreed unless by prior arrangement. Any and all of these costs incurred must be paid by the hirer at the time of hire.
11. Our Limousines carry a strict NO SMOKING POLICY. A stop can be pre-arranged, please let us know. Smoking inside a vehicle will not be tolerated and will lead to the Termination of hire. NO REFUND WILL BE OFFERED.
12. ANY FOOD of any description is NOT ALLOWED TO BE EATEN inside the vehicle. This includes crisps & nuts. A stop can be pre-arranged, please let us know. Under No Circumstances are Balloons, Party Poppers, Banners, Streamers and such like paraphernalia allowed on board our vehicles
13. 1st 4 Limos Ltd. WILL TERMINATE HIRE if any passenger is found to be carrying or using any illegal substance. NO REFUND WILL BE OFFERED.
14. We kindly ask that you keep your FEET OFF THE BAR AND SEATING AREAS. THIS AREA CAN BE DAMAGED EASILY AND WILL COST YOU DEARLY IN THE EVENT OF REPAIR. All passengers are to remain seated during their journey. It is against the law to stand up in our vehicles while the vehicle is in motion, you are NOT ALLOWED TO DANCE IN ANY OF OUR VEHICLES. Where Seatbelts are provided you are reminded that is law to wear them. You are not allowed to shout from the windows at passersby. You must not open the doors under any circumstances.
15. We will endeavour to supply you with the vehicle of your choice. However, vehicles are mechanical and can break down; therefore 1st 4 Limos Ltd reserves the right to change any vehicle(s) in question and without any prior warning concerning that change. In the case of our larger (16) passenger vehicles this may mean replacing one vehicle with two, i.e. ( 2×8 seats). We will not guarantee any colour of vehicle you may have requested. If we suffer a mechanical breakdown and cannot offer an alternative vehicle(s), we will offer a refund of the money you have paid. However, any part of the journey completed will be taken as the whole journey completed and any refund paid back will be adjusted accordingly. We do not offer compensation for failure to complete a hire contract. If we suffer a catastrophic mechanical breakdown and have no alternative vehicle to offer you, we will not be liable for any event tickets you may have purchased should we not be able to get you or your party to your destination.
16. 1st 4 Limos Ltd will make every effort to ensure all internal mechanisms are in good working order when the vehicle leaves for your intended journey. If for any reason whatsoever an internal feature mechanism is not working, we will accept no responsibility. Please be aware that some vehicles carry strobe lighting effects.
17. 1st 4Limos Ltd reserves the right to terminate the hire if a hirer or passengers become abusive or use abusive language or are deemed to be intoxicated or become intoxicated or if they pose a threat to the Chauffeur or any staff working for and on behalf of 1st 4 Limos Ltd. Any UNDULY ROWDINESS will not be tolerated and will lead to the TERMINATION OF THE HIRE at any given time. NO REFUND WILL BE OFFERED.
18. Due to the size of our Stretch Limousines, it may be difficult to drop you exactly at your intended destination, but we will endeavour to get you as close as possible. Please inform us if your collection point, road/street is narrow.
19. 1st 4 Limos reserves the right to postpone or cancel hire due to severe weather or adverse road conditions or severe traffic congestion. At our discretion, we will consider an alternative replacement date in the event of a cancellation or postponement due to severe weather conditions or severe traffic congestion. We will only offer an alternative to severe or adverse weather conditions or severe traffic congestion; we do not offer any refunds or compensation on adverse weather conditions.
20. It is your responsibility to make sure we have all the relevant information and that all the information in the Booking Contract is correct. Any changes should be made prior to your journey commencing; any such changes may lead to further costs. Please see article 5 above.
21. The booking Confirmation must be sent back within 7 days from the date of receiving it.
22. The purchased transport hire is non-refundable. If you would like to amend your hire details, you will be charged for this. This charge could either include a fee per change or person. Depending on your amendment type, together with the fee(s) you may pay the difference in hire charges and you may lose a portion of your original hire charges depending on the proximity of the transport date on the day you request your change.
PLEASE REMEMBER 1ST 4 LIMOS WILL NOT SUPPLY ANY CD’S OR DVD’S
We recommend that you supply your own music C.D.’s, or D.V.D’s. 1st 4 Limos Ltd will accept any responsibility for their safe keeping. All the above Terms & Conditions are binding. By booking with us you the hirer have entered into a binding Verbal Contract and are bound to uphold our Terms & Conditions. You the hirer will be held responsible for any non-adherence or breaking of our Terms & Conditions. Our Contract must be signed & sent back before transport begins, or the booking could be cancelled.
for Complimentary Entrance to Nightclubs.
- All guest lists provided by 1st Event Group are provided in conjunction and with complete permission of the venue in question. A guest list confirmation provided by 1st Event Group must be handed in at the venue entrance.
- A guest list is a privilege provided by 1st Event Group and NOT a contract for admission to a venue. A guest list is only issued by 1st Event Group on this basis. At no time do we charge you as our client or your guests for this privilege.
- A guest list can only be provided by 1st Event group ancillary to Limousine hire. At no time can we issue a guest list without prior consent or arrangement through head office.
* 1st Event has no control over the management of the venue in question. All decisions relating to the
Entry admission is solely made by the management of the venue in question, and at their discretion.
- A guest list is subject to all the Terms & Conditions as set down by the individual Night Club. As a guide, dress code is smart, casual wear. Most clubs will not accept ripped or torn denim, No trainers, pumps or such like footwear, Fancy dress of any description will not be tolerated.
- You must be aware of the various Door age admittance policies. Proof of age may be required if there is any doubt. The only forms of ID accepted are ID Passbook, Passport or a British Drivers License. A valid passport size photo must accompany the ID.
- A guest list will entitle you to jump the queue, but you are not guaranteed immediate admission if the venue is at capacity.
You are advised to arrive at your chosen night club as early as possible. You MUST be at the entrance to the venue before 10.00pm. After 10.00pm you WILL BE charged the appropriate entrance fees, this may vary club to club.
- 1st Event Group gives advise on journey times in good faith, but does not guarantee the completion of any journey in any specific time scale and will be liable for any delays howsoever caused. If you are late to your venue, you may be asked to pay entrance.
- You must not be intoxicated. You are requested to respect the complimentary entrance you have been given by arriving at your chosen Night club in a reasonable state of mind and appearance.
- Fancy Dress is not permitted. These are exclusive West End venues, “dressing up” such as for Hen nights is not acceptable, You will be refused admission.
- If you abide by the Terms and Conditions, the guest list is fully complimentary.
- The Venue Management reserves the right to refuse admission.
- 1st Event reserves the right to refuse a complimentary guest list.
- Please ensure you have read all the Terms & Conditions relating to your booking.
- For confirmation of opening times and age policies, please contact 1st Event Group head office.
Please remember to check through the enclosed Booking Contracts, making sure that all the details are correct. Please contact us if there are any discrepancies. Then simply sign ONE copy (keeping one copy for your own records) and send back to us using the enclosed envelope.
You can see many more of the All Inclusive Packages & Special Offers we now offer.
Just phone us direct or go to our new website at
Whatever the occasion, Whenever the celebration….
One Call Does It All.
LIMOUSINE RENTAL TIPS
Don’t Make a Precious Limousine Rental Mistake!
Most people would not hire the cheapest surgeon, or stay at the cheapest hotel, yet, many customers shop for a limousine service in this fashion.
The biggest mistake you can make when looking to hire a limousine service is basing your decision solely on the “best price”. This translates into a large risk for you. Do you want to accept the risks outlined below?
Risks You Accept When Shopping for the ‘Best Limo Price’
- Your limousine does not show up. You miss your concert.
- Your limousine is late. You miss your flight.
- A 1987 Lincoln Limousine rusting at the seams arrives at your door when you were expecting a 2007 model. Instead of being lavished in luxury, you are embarrassed.
- Your limousine chauffeur exercises poor customer service with your company’s most influential client. You loose the account.
- Your limousine breaks down on the motorway during transport toFA Cup Final You and 7 of your friends missed the big game– yet, you saved £35.
- Your limousine service gets into an accident and does not have proper insurance to cover the damages involved in your injuries.
- Your limousine shows up late for your wedding. The groom does not get to the church until 1 hour later amongst bewildered and disgruntled guests. Yet, you saved £50.
- Is Any Of This Worth Saving a Few Pounds?
Ask to See The Company’s Limos
Check out the vehicle you plan on renting. Some companies utilize older vehicles You don’t want to be surprised on your wedding day when a 1988 limousine shows up at the church when you were expecting a year 2007 model! Many Limos.com advertisers have pictures of their vehicles posted online with their company listings.
Get A Signed Contract for Important Events
Reliable and professional service will be more than happy to provide you with a signed-contract for service. Companies who can not supply a contract may not be confident in their ability to fulfill.
Ask About Limo Insurance & Permits
All limousines are required to be licensed and have hire & reward insurance and proper permits. Unfortunately, the Yellow Pages and other advertising services do not require the same in order to advertise. To protect yourself from “dodgy companies”, ask for proof of these with your signed contract.
Ask About Limo Industry Associations
Companies who belong to industry associations usually must abide by special insurance regulations and service rules. Reputable associations such asare good indications that your service provider does their due diligence.
“The Limo Got Into An Accident”
Don’t be the bride which gets the “The Limo Got Into An Accident” or “We don’t have your reservation” story. Cover yourself by getting a signed contract and by shopping smart. Shopping on price alone is dangerous. Some unethical operators do not hesitate to drop a reservation to pickup a better paying fare.
Just call on 01268 795 000. We are open 7 days per week from 9.00am to 7.00pm.